Halswell Domain

Halswell Domain
View from the Model Engineers' site in the Halswell Domain

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cycling in Halswell and beyond



A post from a new writer: The Happy Bicyclist.
Most Saturday afternoons, J and I go for a bike ride together that usually ends up at some cafe in the country. Today, though, she was rostered on for work. 

Bicycling on a calm, sunny afternoon in winter can be quite magical. Heading out just after lunch, I stopped at Healthy Harvest in Prebbleton for some mandarins and cheaper-than-usual capsicums. And just remembered the honey that had been forgotten on our previous supermarket visit. Later, on the Lincoln side of Rolleston I added some garlic from a roadside stall. 

Still feeling pleased about the garlic, I swung on and off the completed sections of the Lincoln-Rolleston off-road cyclepath presently under construction. Once finished in a month or so, this will be a real boon for all sorts of folk, people walking as well as people on their bikes.
A piece of the new Lincoln-Rolleston cycleway in the making

Today, I stopped in two cafes - coffee in Rolleston, and herbal tea in Lincoln. We hadn't been to the one in Rolleston, and J wanted me to check it out. It's in the iZone, and you can find it by turning off Jones Road at the yard filled with derelict Landrovers. 

Being on my own, I had a book to read: Robert & Edward Skidelsky's "How much is enough?...the case for the Good Life". Sounds good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment