A group of us got together recently and thought about the sorts of things we might like to see around Halswell that provide fun ways for people to get together and get to know each other. Some of these things are already happening in small pockets but could we make them happen more broadly.
- A regular Halswell farmers and or craft Market
- Swap-a events similar to the ones we have already run!
- Fix-it days where people bring stuff along and get help with fixing it from bikes to clothes to electrical gear
- Local barbecue events/ Christmas parties
- A Timebank
- A Community garden.
- Competitions between different subdivisions in Halswell - eg in potato growing!
- Community-built Habitat House projects
- Community Art projects
Our biggest question is what do other people in Halswell think?
What do you think of these ideas?
Have you got any ideas for what you'd like to see?